Location: Littleton, NH
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Sanitation Technician has overall responsibility to clean and sanitize mixing tanks, mixing equipment, production equipment, storage totes, pumps, hoses and various machine parts. Responsibilities include cleaning mixing room, filling room, and manufacturing areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Clean and sanitize mixing tanks and related lines/hoses, production machinery and parts, in accordance with applicable SOP’s, cleaning schedules, and as directed by the mixing room technician or production supervisor.
- Set-up and operate industrial equipment used n the cleaning and sanitation process.
- Take samples and submit to lab for testing to verify cleanliness.
- Collect, accumulate and store various mixing and production wastes in appropriate containers per State and Federal requirements.
- Clean floors, walls and manufacturing/operations work areas as directed by the mixing room technician and production supervisor.
- Identify and measure appropriate chemicals and cleaning solutions required to perform sanitation and cleaning requirements.
- Use manual and powered pallet jacks to move and store mixing and production related material.
- Know and understand all rules and requirements for proper handling of waste resulting from the cleaning and sanitation process.
- Follow manufacturer’s instruction when handling and using chemicals.
- Perform all work in accordance with safety standards and expectations.
- Comply with cGMP requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Follow all work rules and company polices.
- Read and understand Safety Data Sheets for all materials and chemicals used when performing job requirements.
- Identify and communicate problems with equipment, machines, and facilities related issues to Mixing Room technician and/or the Plant engineer.
- Ensure that all work and operations are performed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Complete inspection checks and routine documentation as required.
- Promote a positive work environment through professional and courteous interaction with co-workers.
- Actively participate with the mixing and production teams by providing constructive employee morale; improve operational efficiencies or outputs; improve product quality; or reduce costs, scrap or waste.
- Assist in other areas of production or operations as needed.
- Cross train on certain production job requirements to provide back-up support when required or directed by mixing room technician or production manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math, reading and science skills
- Previous cleaning or sanitizing experience helpful
- Ability and willingness to work with machine and production equipment
- Pass a respirator FIT test and wear a respirator when performing certain sanitation technician responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to work in a wet and humid environment with potentially unpleasant odors.
- Comfortable climbing ladders and steps to perform job requirements.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs, stand for prolonged periods and perform repetitive motions, primarily utilizing upper body extremities.
- Ability to perform in a team environment and maintain high rates of repetitive manual activities.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work independently and in close quarters/small spaces
- Must be able to work overtime hours and off-shift as required.
You can download the application below and submit in person, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 603-444-6735.
Download a job application here.